Wednesday 12 September 2012

Benefit's The Porefessional PRO balm - Review + Swatches!

Today I am here to show you the wonders of Benefit's The Porefessional PRO balm, I absolutely love it. At first, I had no idea what it was or where I used it on my face/what it's purpose was, as I got it as a present, but after reading it on the website I understood exactly what it's purpose was, and I love it! It says it is oil-free, lightweight, translucent and silky. It is meant to minimise the appearance of pores and make your makeup stay put.


I really like the packaging, it's lightweight and easy to throw in your bag for touch ups throughout the day. It's a squeeze tube so beware of germs, but apart from that I really like it. However, for the price of £23.50, as much as it is a cute little bottle, they could have maybe made it look/feel more expensive.


The product comes out as a beige liquid, that is extremely soft to the touch, almost silky (which is what it said on the bottle, and it is totally right!) Once you blend it in it becomes literally invisible (as you can see in the picture below), you can hardly see it, if you were right in someone's face you might be able to notice it but from far away it just looks like your normal skin. It is not clumpy, or cakey, it is smooth, lightweight and very soft to the skin. Honestly, when you feel your skin with this on, it honestly does feel like silk, it is such a nice feeling!


It is a very good primer, once I put my foundation, concealer and powder over it the silky feeling is still there and you can even put it over your make-up for the added smooth effect. I really enjoy this product overall, and I use it every time I put make-up on as it makes such a difference.

However, I really don't know how it will work for super oily skin. I have normal skin, with dry patches and oily patches here and there, and as I only use this product on my nose and under my eyes, which for my skin are just normal areas, I can't say how well it works for dry or oily skin. For people with dry skin, moisturise before applying this and hopefully it should be fine, and for people with oily skin, it does say oil-free so they should be telling the truth if they put it on the bottle!

Overall I really do enjoy this product, I love the feeling it gives my skin and I love how it becomes invisible, I sometimes just only apply this and not foundation because even though it gives virtually no coverage, because it's not meant for that, I don't have particularly bad skin, I don't have acne *touchwood* or bad breakouts so I don't need to wear foundation everyday, I love letting my skin breathe and I can still do this with The Porefessional.

So, if you are looking for a new primer or just want to give it a go, I did link the website in the first paragraph. If you are scared about the price, just know this; it is the best selling primer in the UK and is highly rated everywhere I have looked, and I would rate it highly also.

I hope you are having a wonderful week, and I will talk to you very soon. :)

Hannah, xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...