Saturday 1 September 2012

Revlon's ColorBurst Lip Butter in Strawberry Shortcake - Review and Swatches!

After hearing all the hype about the Revlon's Lip Butters, I decided to try one out myself, Whilst in Superdrug, I could not quite pick which colour I would think would suit me best. I tried to stay clear of reds and oranges as I already have two lipsticks that are red, and I desperately needed an everyday, pink lipstick, or "lip butter" for this occasion.

I decided to go for Strawberry Shortcake (080) which I thought would be a natural, everyday lip colour that I could just wear on it's own and not really think about it too much, if you get me?

First of all the packaging is lovely! I find it very secure, and the lid does not come off that easily, which is good if you are just throwing it in your bag for the day, you do not need to worry about it opening and going everywhere. I love the quilted effect on the lid of the lip butter, it makes it look and feel more expensive.



The actual packaging of the lipstick is also nice, this silver tube with a square bottom seems to be a trend for drugstore lipsticks, as Maybelline's Color Sensational lipsticks also have a similar packaging, which I personally like as you can stand the lipsticks up, making them easy for storage and overall it looks very aesthetically pleasing.




As you can see the colour is just a mid-tone, natural pink, which is good for an everyday purpose. However, when I swatched it on my hand you can see that it comes out a lot lighter than what it looks like in the tube, but it  does has shine and gloss to it and it is not that sticky. It also smells and tastes AMAZING, it is like cake in a tube! (which is appropriate because of the title of the lip butter) So obviously that is a huge added bonus.




On the lips, I was slightly surprised at how light it was at first for some reason, I had an instant buyers regret when I applied it straight after buying it in the shop as I thought it looked baby pink on me, but after wearing it a couple of times, I feel with the right make-up it looks lovely. I have been pairing this lipstick with a champagne/bronzy eye and dusty rose cheeks and it looks very natural.




Overall I really like this product, I'm really glad I bought it and I will definitely be going out to buy some more shades once I have saved up some money! Have you bought any of the lip butters, and if you have, what are your favourites? I hope you all have a wonderful day and I will talk to you very soon. :)

Hannah, xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...