Friday 2 November 2012

NOTD #2 - Galaxies and Carnivals Galore!

Hello everyone! Thought I would do a NOTD as I absolutely love my nail combination, which consists of two nail polishes from Urban Outfitters (Galaxy and Carnival) that cost £6 each or 3 for £15, and I obviously got 3 as I am a sucker for deals!  :)

This first nail polish is Galaxy, which is a gorgeous dark purple and when the light hits it, it shimmers gold. The purple and gold compliment each other beautifully and it's overall the perfect representation of what a galaxy should look like!
Galaxy is a sheer nail polish so you will need several coats, I had 3 on my nails in this picture. You will also need a base and top coat, as this gives ultimate shine and keeps the nail varnish on that extra bit longer; however, this does chip easily, as in a couple of days, which is a disadvantage.. But the colour is just so unique that I don't even mind.


This sparkly nail polish is Carnival, which I think is a top coat, however I just used it on it's own! It has chucks of blue and pink glitter throughout it and comes out on the nails thick and not sheer at all, for a change with these types of nail polishes!

You only need two coats of this nail varnish, well, that's what I used anyway. It still chips but not as fast as Galaxy, however it is a pain and a half to get off; you have to scrub your nails to death! However, again, the colour payoff is just too good to resist, and together I think both these nail polishes compliment each other wonderfully, as seen in the pictures below.
So as you can see I put Carnival on two nails and Galaxy on three, as Carnival is extremely glittery/sparkly whereas Galaxy is still shimmery, but isn't as "in your face" as Carnival, so it balances it out.

Overall, these nail polishes are good, but I wouldn't say that they were drop dead amazing. The colours in Urban Outfitter's range are all so unique and there aren't many colours like them on the market right now, especially for such an affordable price of £6. The quality.. is okay. I feel Carnival has better staying-on-the-nails power than Galaxy, just because it's a glitter nail varnish, but the fact that they both do chip easily disappointed me a bit. Galaxy is sheer, so if you don't like nail polishes that you have to work with a bit, this isn't for you. Carnival is better, as you only need 2 coats at most, most likely, again, because it is a glittery nail polish.

However, don't let me put you off! I still do like them and am considering going back into Urban Outfitters to see the other nail polishes/order some online as the 3 for £15 is a good deal. The link to find their nail polish collection is here (sorry, the nail polish is mixed in with all the other accessories also!)

I hope you are all having a wonderful day, and I will talk to you very soon. :)

Hannah, xx

2 comments:

  1. Oh i love the second nail polish! :)I really love anything that has glitters on it!
    great post! :)

    xoxo

    http://epitomeoffeminineallure.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...