Saturday 23 August 2014

Skincare/Make-up Haul - Simple, Vaseline, Maybelline, Collection, Barry M & Real Techniques!

Hello everyone! I'm here today with a little (it's quite big actually) haul for you all. I decided a couple of weeks ago to take advantage of some of the 3 for 2 offers and I'd also saved up some money to get some of the things I've wanted to try for a while, so here we go! Also, I haven't used some of these products, so for some I'll be telling you what it's like from what the description of it is on the Boots website, just so you know!






Vaseline Spray & Go Body Moisturiser: I've personally never owned one of these but I have used my Mum's can quite a lot.. So I decided it was about time to get my own! The whole point of it is that your skin gets moisturised in seconds and you can just put your clothes on and go - perfect for people in a rush! For me, it definitely does dry in fast, like, one minute fast, which is still great considering most other moisturisers take ages. I would highly recommend this to anyone who just wants a quick, easy and simple moisturiser.

Simple Kind to Skin+ Protecting Moisture Cream SPF30: Again, bought this on a whim - I decided I needed to buy a moisturiser with SPF in it and with this being only £4, I thought it was a bargain! It has SPF30, protects your skin from UVA and UVB rays and is meant to last 24 hours. It has Vitamin B3, Vitamin E, Glycerin and Sweet Almond Oil in it. I have used this once so far and what I can say is at first it didn't really sink into my skin well, it sat for a while but eventually it did sink in and it felt as if I had just put moisturiser on, it didn't have the sunscreeny feel. However, I will continue to use this and let you know if my opinions change or not.

Simple Kind to Eyes Soothing Eye Balm: This for me is a repurchase, I'm just about finished with my now third tube of this and I have to say I really do like it. It has Pro-Vitamin B5 which restores, softens and smooths the skin, and Vitamin E which moisturises the skin. I also has Jojoba Oil, Shea Butter and Bisabolol too - and no perfume or harsh chemicals, which is a plus for me as I have super sensitive skin. It's meant to reduce puffiness and relax tired eyes, and for me it definitely has reduced puffiness. I'm hoping to do a full review of it soon but for now I really do love it and it works well with my skin, I'd highly recommend it.

Simple Kind to Eyes Revitalising Eye Roll-On: I bought this kinda on a whim, I've not read any reviews about it but since I love the Soothing Eye Balm, I thought, why not try this? It's again got Pro-Vitamin B5 and it also has Cucumber Extract, Glycerin and Lupin Extract. This has a gel-like formula and it's meant to wake up your eyes and again reduce puffiness - I bought this as I have to get up pretty early for University when I go back next month so I thought this would be perfect to wake my eyes up! I'll let you know how I get on with it.



Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge: To be honest, I don't know why I really bought this - I think it's cause everyone always goes on about how great these sponges are, that I decided to try one for myself. I've not used it yet and quite frankly I am a little scared/don't really know how to use it so I think I'll watch a few YouTube tutorials of it before I use it. I'll be sure to let you know how I get on though!

Real Techniques Stippling Brush: I bought this as I knew I would need a proper brush for something I have bought below.. I read reviews online that this just gives a nice, even finish and you can use it to build up product, going from a light to full coverage. I'm someone that is personally terrified of foundation and feeling something on my skin therefore I know full coverage will never be for me - however, I have used this with the BB Cream below and it gave the nicest, light coverage - it blended it in perfectly and I couldn't feel anything on my skin. I know this brush is going to be a favourite of mine.









Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream SPF 30 in Light: This is something I have researched a lot about. I decided I wanted a BB Cream for the days/nights/events where I wanted to feel a bit more made up, as I am terrified of foundation, and I thought this was the perfect compromise! Every BB Cream I looked at for pale skin was usually too orange or had something else wrong with it.. Originally I had my heart set on The Body Shop's All In One BB Cream but when I tried it on in the shop it was orange. So I moved on and eventually found this, which is meant to do about a billion things for your skin and it also has SPF30. I've only used it once, but when I used it it glided onto my skin and blended in perfectly. For me, it is a little bit too dewy but with a little bit of powder it looks great. Since I've only used this once, I'll be trying it out more to get a full opinion of it, and I'll get back to you!

Maybelline Expert Wear Blush in Rosewood (62): Again, totally bought this on a whim, didn't know anything about it, I just got it because of the 3 for 2 offer. It just seems like a nice, natural blush that would be good for every day use. Again, I'm someone who is also terrified of blush as I have quite chubby cheeks as it is and I just feel like blush will accentuate that.. And I don't know how to use it. Guess I'll be using YouTube again for tutorials..

Maybelline Color Tattoo 24 HR in Metallic Pomegranate: This is something I have wanted for so so long, the colour is just perfect for going into Autumn and Winter and when I saw it again, I knew it had to be mine. I've done a review of another Color Tattoo which I will link here but it's basically meant to be long lasting, highly pigmented, very creamy and it's not meant to crease on your lids, even if they are oily. 

Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in Fair (1): I bought this as I've heard so many people rave on about this concealer, and I was on the market for one, so I thought, why not try it? It's a high coverage concealer that's meant to have a 16 hour wear and it's meant to be water proof and transfer proof. I have tried this but unfortunately it was too light for me right now, so I'm hoping I can try it again in the winter and get a feel of it then.

Barry M Gelly Nail Paint in Blue Grape: This is something I've again wanted to try for a while, more for the formula than for the colour selection (which is big!) I decided to go for Blue Grape, a vibrant royal blue as I don't have this colour in my collection. This polish is meant to give a glossy, gel-like finish and you only need one coat. I actually put this on just today (so a few days ago by the time this is up) and it definitely is very glossy and it can be opaque in one coat, however I put two on because some of my nails did need the extra coat. I will be putting a post up of this shortly as I'll give a full review of how I find it, if it really is chip resistant and how long it lasted!

That's it for this post, that's my haul! I hope you enjoyed reading and if you want to see a specific review on anything above, just let me know! I have a note of the one's I want to review soon so they should be up in the next month or so (I am slow, so I apologise!)

Have a lovely day, and don't stop smiling. :)

Hannah, xx

36 comments:

  1. Blue Grape is stunning, I hope you like it! I really wanted to read some haul posts this evening, I'm glad I stumbled across yours :)
    Amy x | A Little Boat Sailing

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really need new make up. Your photos make me wish new make up soon and you gave me ideas!

    Kiss, Nati
    http://iampoliticallycorrect.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'm glad I gave you ideas! Hope you got what you wanted :) xxx

      Delete
  3. Fantastic picks, I can't recommend those Real Techniques brushes enough!

    http://www.ragsoflove.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I love them, their eye starter kit is amazing! xxx

      Delete
  4. I thought that Simple SPF moisturiser was a bit poopy, it felt so greasy on my skin! Hope you continue to enjoy it better than I did. x

    Beauty Soup || UK Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I don't know how I feel about it.. Will try it some more before I make my mind up though! xxx

      Delete
  5. Defo got a few of these on my wish list! Thanks for the great post!
    Would love if you could check out my blog if you get a chance!
    www.emilyh.co
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always use Simple products and loveee them! Real Technique brushes are so good I have the expert face brush and love it! And my number one concealer is that Collection one, its the best I've tried and I've got through so many tubes of it! I bought that Barry M nail polish but I feel like it makes me look really pale! I'm more of a nude and red nail girl! Would love if you checked out my new blog, started it today!
    http://holliefrances.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've wanted either the expert face brush or the buffing brush for a while! Simple products are really good xxx

      Delete
  7. the simple eye gel is actually really good! I use it and I love it, makes me feel so refreshed in the morning!! :)
    www.snoochieshy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been using it and it's so good, wakes me up before I go to the gym! xxx

      Delete
  8. you bought EXACTLY what i want! haha xx

    http://claudiamedas.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've always wondering if Spray and Go is any good but it's sounds lovely, great post!

    ANIKA MILLER // UK FASHION AND STYLE BLOG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really lovely, super easy to apply and quick to dry! xxx

      Delete
  10. Wow great haul, I'd love to try the RT blender sponge!

    Josie XOXO
    Fashion Mumblr

    ReplyDelete
  11. Been considering a spray moisturiser, and love that nail colour
    Harriet
    Http://greeneyesandlongblondehair.blogspot.Co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Spray & Go moisturiser is really good, I'd highly recommend it! xxx

      Delete
  12. Loved this post, definitely gonna have to try out some of the products! Would you please check out my blog, and perhaps follow it? I'm new to blogging, so it would really mean a lot. Thank you!

    - Emma thirlybella.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oooooh! I love haul posts. They make me buy way too much stuff, thoug... I've been curious about the Maybelline Color Tattoo for some time. I think I should finally check it out and buy this amazing autumnal colour. I really love it. I'm new to blogging, and I really like your page. I came across your comment on another blog so I clicked on your link. It would be awesome if you would look at my blog as well.

    http://www.breakaway-beauty.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Simple products are my favourite, I use a fair few of them in my skin care routie! Also I had the same dilemme with my lasting perfection concealer it was waaay too light so I ended up buying a darker one for summer! Fab post xx
    http://the-finestthings.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Simple products are a staple in my routine, I use at least 4 or 5 a week! Yeah the one I bought is a little light, I'm hoping to use it more when it gets into winter and I go ghostly pale again! xxx

      Delete
  15. Wow - I wish I treated myself to a few of these bits when I popped into Boots!
    I have been using the Beauty Bay make-up blender for the past month or so and ripped it so I picked up the Real Techniques sponge today (and the retractable lip brush because it was half price and I have absolutely no will power!)
    I was unsure at first about make up sponges like that but I am now a complete convert. Sure, they are a pain to clean but my base now looks a lot more even, less streaky and less cakey. Give it a try - I'm sure you'll love it!

    Rachael at broomfie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've tried it for concealer which is good, not yet for foundation though! How do you clean them? I'm so confused on how to do it haha! xxx

      Delete
  16. I'll definitely be trying out the Simple eye balm! Great post :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. how did you get on with the real techniques makeup blender thing? ive been wanting to try it out but dont really know if i should? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good, I would recommend it :) so many people have totally converted to them so they can't be that bad! xxx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...