Monday 24 November 2014

Dirty Hair, Don't Care.

Hello everyone! Now, it can't just be me that goes days on end without washing their hair, right..? I go about two to three days between washing my hair, as I refuse to wash my hair every day. Why you wonder? Well, washing your hair every day just washes/strips the natural oils out of your hair, so your hair will get more greasy faster! It's a pretty weird scenario - the more you wash your hair, the worse it gets and the more greasy it gets! To be honest I can't actually wash my hair daily anyway due to my sensitive scalp, but even if I had a 'normal' scalp I still wouldn't wash my hair daily. If you do though and it's working fine for you, go for it, I just know many people who get greasy hair so quickly and who have no natural oil in their hair due to washing their hair daily, and I've also read many articles that say washing your hair daily isn't necessary and sometimes does more harm than good.

Anyway, the whole point of this post is to tell you what I sometimes do when I have super dirty hair (aka third day hair drowning in dry shampoo hair) and how I keep the grease away and also how I style it to minimise the look of dirty hair - I hope you enjoy reading! 

First off, dry shampoo is my baby when I have second or third day hair - it's my literal saviour. If you don't know what dry shampoo is, it's basically.. A dry version of shampoo, in very literal terms. It's usually a white powder that comes in a can and you shake the can up and spray it directly onto wherever you want to keep the grease away/wherever is greasy already. I usually spray mine in my roots and also just above the back of my neck underneath all my hair. Once you spray it on, you will look like you have grey hair - but don't panic! You can just rub/brush it in and voila, it is gone! The powder absorbs all the oils in your hair as you rub it in and you are left with hair that looks shiny and freshly washed, and ultimately, not greasy. I personally use the Batiste dry shampoo along with practically everyone else, it is the best in my opinion and it's super cheap - I'm pretty sure you can get it anywhere and everywhere too, which is always a plus.









Now, onto the hairstyle! I personally think this look would look great on everyone, it involves no heat and is super easy to do! It's basically all surrounding putting your hair in plaits. 

If you don't know how to do a plait, I'm going to try and explain it as best as I can.. So here goes nothing: take whatever bit of hair you want to put into a plait, whether it is all of your hair or just your fringe (like me in the pictures). With that bit of hair, divide it into 3 sections. Then, take the right section of your hair and take it over the middle section of hair so it's now in the middle (so now your original middle section is on the right) and then take the left section of hair and take that over into the middle, and then take the right section of hair and take it over into the middle and continue on until you get to the bottom of your hair, and secure it with a bobble! If you still don't get it, don't worry, YouTube taught me and I'll link you a video here!

Anyway, for me, the night before I put all my hair into one big plait down my back and slept with it in so when I woke up and took the plait out, I ended up with these nice thick curls! I then just took my 'fringe' (aka the bits of hair that kinda hang and shape my face) and plaited them both and secured them with a couple of curby grips in a X at the back of my head. For me, I feel this just gets the front bits of my hair out of my face as they are usually the bits that go greasy first, so with dry shampoo plus them being in a plait out my face, they are pretty much covered from going greasy!

So that's that - dirty hair, don't care. What do you do to keep the grease away, and what do you do to your hair when it's needing a wash? Let me know!

Have a lovely day, and don't stop smiling. :)

Hannah, xx

6 comments:

  1. I depend on dry shampoo for my second day hair, its so great! love the hairstyle:)

    Eilidh from Velvet-Winter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha this is basically my life... I wash my hair about two or three times a week, mostly because of my dry/sensitive scalp. I really like this hairstyle, especially since it looks so easy (I suck at anything involving hair an makeup, and your styles are so easy to achieve, yet very elegant, which I love!).
    Do you have bloglovin?? If not, you should definitely sign up!

    Marianne :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...